Indian Wells 2014: Novak Djokovic beats Roger Federer in three sets..

Faced by a man wielding a tennis racquet like a wand, Novak Djokovic produced some magic of his own to claim victory in the final of the Ind...

Faced by a man wielding a tennis racquet like a wand, Novak Djokovic produced some magic of his own to claim victory in the final of the Indian Well Masters event.



Djokovic, who was blown away in the opening set by Roger Federer, was forced to summon every ounce of strength and determination to deny his opponent a fifth title at the Californian venue.
Having lost the opener 6-3, Djokovic hit back to take the second 6-3 and win a third set tiebreak following an enthralling contest.

It was Djokovic's third triumph at Indian Wells having won there in 2008 and 2011 and his first tournament victory of the year.
Federer, the man so many dared to write off, showed once again that he still possesses enough magic to trouble his younger opponents.

In the women's event, Italy's Flavia Pennetta defeated World No.3 Agnieszka Radwanska 6-2, 6-1 to win the biggest title of her career.
Pennetta, 32, had already seen off top seed Li Na of China as well as former U.S. Open champion Samantha Stosur.
Radwanksa, seeded second, struggled throughout with an injury to her left leg and succumbed after an hour and 13 minutes.
Pennetta had considered retiring from tennis before reaching the semifinals of last year's U.S. Open.
Her decision to continue playing appears a wise one following her latest triumph.
"Last year exactly in this tournament I was thinking 'Oh my god, I can't play anymore," a beaming Pennetta she told reporters. "Now I am here with the trophy."
Pennetta, who had not won a WTA event since Marcella in 2010, has now won 10 titles.
"The first set was I think pretty good," Pennetta said. "I tried to go for winners.
"Second set, I see she has a physical problem and I started thinking too much."

Related

Indian Wells 3103894438841371405

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Hot in week

Recent

Comments

Side Ads

Text Widget

Connect Us

item