Blake opens 200m with 20.49secs at UWI Invitational

DAEGU 100-metre world champion Yohan Blake eased to 20.49 seconds in his first 200m of the season at the UWI Invitational at the Usain Bolt ...

DAEGU 100-metre world champion Yohan Blake eased to 20.49 seconds in his first 200m of the season at the UWI Invitational at the Usain Bolt track at Mona, yesterday.

Blake, running out of lane four, was quickly out of the blocks to cover his Racers Track Club teammate in lane six, Daniel Bailey, who finished second overall in 20.79 seconds. Veteran Jamaica 4x100m relay gold medallist Michael Frater clocked 21.58 seconds for eighth overall.

Blake's time was the third fastest this year behind Aldemir DaSilva Junior of Brazil (20.32) and LaShawn Merritt of the USA with 20.42.

"It's my second race of the season and I am feeling good. I am working on my fitness, right now I am 60 per cent and I am really feeling good," beamed Blake.

"I have to give God thanks, as well as the coach; for me to come out here and run 20.4 is really good," he added.

"I ran the curve really slow compared to how I normally run. But my coach told me to take it easy and that's what I did."

Related

UWI invitational 1991682745308369522

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Hot in week

Recent

Comments

Side Ads

Text Widget

Connect Us

item